Project Sales Representative
From design and engineering, through construction, to start up and maintenance, Mazza Mechanical Services Inc. has been incorporating our family-owned values and operations with world-class ideas, practices, and technology to deliver the right solution to our commercial – industrial customers with integrity, respect, and passion.
We are seeking an individual that will embrace these core values to build customer relationships that will provide opportunities to sustain and grow our business. This is a comprehensive sales position requiring a thorough understanding of mechanical systems, their application, and design, to provide cost-effective solutions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Redeem an annual booking plan in assigned markets, accounts, and territory at company approved pricing standards. At least 75% of prospecting will come from our existing customer base.
- Qualify prospects, makes effective sales presentations, answers questions and objections in a proficient and responsible manner. Aggressively manages quotes to close sales.
- Survey mechanical systems. Understands prospect’s needs and problems. Determine repairs, modifications, and/or replacement requirements to provide prospects with solutions to problems. Interpret drawings, equipment, and job conditions.
- Layout out concepts and develop sketches and drawings to illustrate solutions to the prospective customer. Work closely with other engineers, drafters, and subcontractors to put together a turn-key solution.
- Estimate cost of proposed repair/modification/replacement and apply company pricing standards to the estimate.
- Understand customer cost to own, operate, and maintain facilities. Able to translate that understanding into proposals and sales that will enhance customer’s facility while reducing long-term owning and operating costs.
- Identify prospects in assigned market. Promptly follow up on leads and referrals. Establish customer rapport and identify needs. Maintains an active backlog of quotes to assure booking goal is consistently met.
- Promptly address customer concerns to assure resolution and maintain long-term positive relationships.
- Understand the prospect’s organization and decision-making process. Anticipate and answer objections. Commit the prospect to a decision-making timetable.
- Builds and maintains rapport and positive working relations with field office and management personnel to resolve problems, exploit opportunities and maximize profits.
- Participate, when appropriate, with operation in vendor selection, timely purchase, and delivery to assure prompt customer service.
- Provide support to Project Managers on awarded Projects. This includes coordination, communication with owner verification of Sales Team original intent, etc.
- Create and maintain a culture of involvement, engagement, ownership, respect, fairness, accountability, and consistency based on Mazza’s mission, vision, and values.
- Manage small projects (< $50,000 & < 4 weeks) that are not turned over to the Project Operations Group.
- Analyze region’s new business opportunities, develop sales plans, and execute planned strategies to acquire new business in line with Company growth objectives.
QUALIIFICATIONS & ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree, or at least 5 to 7 years’ experience, in Mechanical / HVAC industry.
- Valid and clean driver’s license.
- Professional and Polished- Approaches others in a tactful manner, reacts well under pressure treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position, accepts responsibility for own actions, follows through on commitments.
- Effective time management skills- This individual must development processes and tools that help them to be more productive and efficient in day-to-day activities.
- Requires travel to and from job sites within the Western New York and Western PA area.
- Requires occasional overnight stays
- Knowledge of MS Office (MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint), the internet, and various other software programs.
Mazza Mechanical Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a competitive salary and benefits package including:
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
If this sounds like you, submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to download an Employment Application.